Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a day..what a day

Okay...So my decision is final.. my mind was made up today after our day in church, I am going to find something extremely naughty but church appropriate to take to keep the girls settled down in Sacrament meeting! Usually they are half way descent, but not today...picture a zoo with the animals running crazy, that was us today at church! I am not even kidding, we made it through the sacrament and had to get out of there to prevent anymore distruptive behavior! To start off, Kallie decided she was hungry, (They were still playing prelude and we still had at least five minutes to go) I had brough some Cheez-its...well..Kennadee thought she would be funny, grabbed a handful of crackers and threw them all over the floor, well Kallie got down and ended up stepping on half of them before I could get them picked up! I got them cleaned up and finally the meeting started, We started singing the opening song and Kennadee grabbed the book from me and threw it on the floor, reached for another one it dropped and made a loud noise,Kallie was kicking the bench in front of us and I know the elderly couple in front of us didn't appreciate it one bit, I tried to tell her to stop but she wasn't listening. Then kallie decides that she needs a drink, I tell her no and before I get the "O" out of my mouth she is half way there, of course Kennadee follows, Seth went and grabbed them and brought them back in...let me just make a point clear, this is nothing yet (the whole congregation is full also they even opened up the back because it was a missionary homecoming...EEEEK!!!!) It starts to get closer to the sacrament, Kennadee keeps crawling under the bench and running into the foyer (we are on the back row) We keep going to grab her, finally I get her to sit on my lap and eat some fruit snacks, The bread comes and she has a whole mouth full of fruit snacks and decides to put the bread in at the same time..well..of course we all know how wonderful this would taste so she spits it out all over, I seriously had had it up to here with her and beyond...so..then I am trying to wrestle her down and keep her quiet until at least the water comes...we finally make it to the water, just when the boy is about to pass to us, Kennadee is nowhere to be found, she had crawled under neath the bench again and was running around, the kid was standing in front of our bench so we couldn't get out to get her, and he was clueless, so finally she realizes that she's not getting any water, and runs after the kid yelling Wah Wah (water) so he bends down and lets her help herself to the water, she ends up spilling it all over, and luckily we got to her in time before anymore damage is done, so we bring her back to the bench and she gets away again, (I can control my kids seriously, usually anyway...I dunno what was going on today) so then..we look back and she was taking hr diaper off, in front of all these people, Kallie of course thinks this is hilarious so she's laughing out of control, and saying Kennadee is taking her diaper off..Hahahahahahahahaha...this wasn't quiet at all...I couldn't take anymore, i swear all eyes were on us, so I looked at seth and said let's get out of here...he took her into the foyer, and the girls thought they could run around..I don't want them thinking that they can just run around if we have to take them out because they are being naughty so we just left! I swear anymore days like this...i'll be inactive!! It was seriously nuts...I think I still have a headache!lets hope next sunday is a bit better!

8 comments:

SLSPJ said...

Hey sistah, you know the only reason I am glad to hear that your kids were kind of being pills yesterday is that finally I know that our kids aren't the only ones, the little buggers!

Erin said...

Oh...Kristen...I hate days like those!!

Hope things are better next sundy...this is what we did...not sure if you had already thought about it though...we have a "church bag" that has toys and books that Bryce only sees on Sunday. I just went to dollar store and got stuff there..its is time to Redo it because he is getting bored if it...but it has worked thus far!!! Good luck!

Trevor & Andrea said...

:) wow, that is rough... all the more reason for me to still not want kids!! haha birth control at its finest! love ya! hey what are you having... boy? or girl? ps... i laughed about the diaper, it was funny but ya not appropriate. haha

jsmbbaker said...

I totally sympathize with you, because our day was similar, just not as bad. It's hard with two, and harder with three, so good luck chic! Hang in there, it's worth it, I am hoping anyway;)!

Ercanbracks said...

Kristen! I can totally relate to the wild church animals! Except I only have one! It can truly be a nightmare, and then you come home and feel exausted and grouchy. Congrats on the new babe. The same thing happened to me with the cord and the legs crossed. We decided not to find out and it was fun. Good luck!

Geraldine said...

I wish I could tell you that it only happens once in awhile. Yet, believe me it is worth every moment when you look at it in the eternal perspective. They will grow up and have kids of their own that they will have to wrestle and wonder if it is worth it. I personally had to learn to laugh during these moments. I still have to laugh every time Kirk comes home. Hang in there. I love you and I'm thinking about you. Geraldine

Brook said...

Hey Kristin,
Your girls are so cute!!! I love how we can all catch up and see what is happening with everyone. Brook

boandheidi said...

That is the funniest story. I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who don't behave at church. Let me know if you find anything good to keep them entertained.