Sunday, November 30, 2008

Decorating and cutting! YIKES!

I have a couple things to blog about, first things first..we decorated our gingerbread house last night! it was a lot of fun, the girls loved eating the candy...I would put frosting on something and Kennadee would lick it off, YUMMY! :) but we finally got it accomplished! I should take a picture of what it looks like today though, 24 hours later! The girls keep getting up on the counter and taking all the candy off! oh well, it still looks cute! Here are a few pictures!







Okay, now I have to blog about our little incident today, I know i'm gonna look back at this and laugh and I'm kinda laughing about it now, but I wasn't too happy at the moment! I just have to tell the whole story, cuz....I guess I'm gonna need to remember this! We got home from church and the girls were hungry, so I was making them some mac and cheese to hold them over till dinner (couple hours away). I had just poured the macaroni in the pan and Kallie climbed on the counter and got the scissors. I told her no to put them back, but she took off, just then the water started boiling over the pan so I was taking care of that for a second! I walked into the living room and Kallie took one look at me and started bookin it up the stairs with her scissors..I made her give me the scissors and that was kind of the end of the story, I thought maybe she had been cutting pieces off of the Christmas tree..I figured since i had the scissors i wasn't gonna do much about it, just finish making their lunch! so, it was like 1/2 hour later and we were watching a Christmas show on TV, and I looked over by the tree and there was a whole bunch of little piles of something on the floor, they looked black and I couldn't figure it out, I asked Kallie what they were, after explaining to her what I was talking about, she said oh that? That's kennadee's hair!

WHAT????!!???? I picked Kennadee up and sure enough, Kallie had cut her hair! are you kidding me? She had a pony tail on top of her head, and kallie had cut half of it clear down to the hair thing! NICE, REAL NICE. I took Kennadee in the bathroom, and took her hair thing out, half of the side of her head is like 2 1/2 inches long, while the other side, is like 5 inches! NICE again! so I tried evening it out a bit, and it looks better, I immediately tried to put the top in pig tails and it was a success, so I'm not too burned about it now, it doesn't look too bad! I have a few pics on my phone, but they don't do it really justice! I'm just glad she didn't touch the back of her hair, because it is really tight curls, and i'm afraid if we cut them off, they won't grow back curly! that was my adventure for the day! Kennadee is sure proud of her new haircut though! She tells me kallie cut it and it looks pretty! Oh yes, it is darling! ha ha....I'm afraid now that Kennadee is gonna attempt it by herself, because she thinks that's a pretty fun thing to do! I'm throwing away every pair of scissors in our house!

8 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

haha, your girls are a hoot! love you guys;)

Kimberly said...

That is seriously one of my worst nightmares! My girls have so little hair to begin with, if they cut it it would be disastrous! Show some before and after pictures! You are such a good mom to be able to laugh about it already!

Shannon said...

That gingerbread house is so cute! Looks like a lot of fun. And way to be strong about the haircut, lol. I am sure you fixed it up nicely.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!! that is too funny!
i just have to tell you... that atleast it wasnt as bad as what my brother did to me when i was like 2 he cut a reverse mohawk from front to back!!!!!

Kim said...

Hey you!

I thought I left you a comment once, but I probably just was going to and thought I did. Your girls are cuties. I have to laugh because my sister's daughter Calli has been cutting hair too. She did a pretty good job though and got to the scalp! I'm hiding all of my sissors when Kenley is big enough.

elonna said...

I love the new family pictures. I love decorating gingerbread houses. I hope we get around to it this year.

Teri said...

Love the gingerbread house. We always do one, they're so fun. :)
Sydnee cut her bangs clean off once. It took them a long time to grow back.
So funny that Kallie cut her sister's hair and not her own. Luckily Kennadee's hair isn't too bad.

boandheidi said...

You should get the kind of scissors that only cut paper - they are plastic and don't even have a sharp edge. I have been afraid of the haircut thing so I invested in a pair and they are great.