Sunday, May 11, 2008

I ordered some books from a lady I work with a while back, and when I finally got them, a book mark was in one of the books, I just thought I would share it. It's called
"If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again."
If I had my child to raise all over again, I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I'd do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields, and gaze and more stores.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.
I'd firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd model less about the love of power, and more about the power of love.
(Diane Loomans)
I don't know why this poem touched me, I think sometimes I can get caught up in the chores of everyday always want a spotless house, making sure the dishes and laundry are always done, just things like that, and I think sometimes i neglect the girls. When I came across this it made me stop and think, because I know when they are gone, I don't ever want to look back and think What If? I am just so grateful Heavenly Father gave me two gorgeous girls, I am trying to be the best mother that I am capable of being, I do catch myself sometimes wondering if I'm prepared and worthy to take on such a big and important task of raising children, but I know that Heavenly Father gave me these two precious, big spirited children, because he knows that I can do it! I'm amazed how big their spirits and testimonies. I'm glad they came to me to teach me lessons of love, forgiving and patience.

0 comments: