Monday, May 19, 2008

Scavenger hunt

For FHE tonight I decided to have the girls to a scavenger hunt. I made a list for them and we went in the back yard and out front and looked for the items...I had them find a leaf, a small rock, a big rock, some dirt, grass, a bug, a flower, a tree branch, a cloud and a bird...I gave them a plastic bag and had them put the stuff that they had found inside their bags! (except for the cloud, bug, ya know that kinda stuff) We came back inside and I had them find a picture of Jesus also, then I had them sit down and told them that Jesus created all the stuff that they had found for us to have a beautiful earth! It was so cute! The girls were so interested in the lesson! When I showed Kennadee a picture of Jesus, she looked at it and said plain as day "JESUS". I am so amazed at little children! What a testimony.He lives, he loves the children, and they were truly with him before this earth! I am so amazed that the littlest children know him at such a very very young age! I maybe have showed Kennadee a picture of him once and told her it was Jesus, but if I showed her a picture of some stranger and told her their name she wouldn't remember it in two minutes! Later on after our family home evening, the girls were playing out in the back, and Kallie kept asking me, "Mom can you talk about Jesus again?" They were just so interested in my lesson. Kennadee had found an ant, and was trying to step on it, and Kallie screamed at her and said "NO, JESUS Made that ant for us." ha ha ha. I think finally one time she actually listened to my lesson and remembered it! I am so bless
ed to have such a fun little girls!
here are some of the things, that I let them keep in their bag
Kallie so happy she found somethingKallie showing me her stick she foundKennadee eating her chips.

2 comments:

Teri said...

That sounds like a great FHE!

Ranee` said...

I wish A.J. was as attentive as your one year old! Your girls are very cute and look like tons of fun!